A Delicious Fresh Grilled Sandwich
French bread is sliced and filled with slices of fresh mozzarella cheese, tomatoes and basil. Grilled to a golden brown, this a delicious warm sandwich.
If you love the ingredients of caprese salads, this sandwich is going to blow your mind! Fresh mozzarella, tomatoes and basil are all piled high and cooked to crispy perfection for a fun spin on a traditional grilled cheese.
Easy caprese melts recipe
- 4 slices French bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 large ripe tomato, sliced
- Fresh basil leaves (use amount desired)
- Garlic powder to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Balsamic reduction for garnish (optional)
- Heat a large pan over medium heat.
- Divide the butter between the 4 slices of bread. Using 2 slices of bread (nonbuttered side up) begin layering the tomato, basil and fresh mozzarella cheese. Season with garlic powder and with salt and pepper. Place the remaining slices of bread on top (buttered side up).
- Carefully add each sandwich to the pan and cook 3-4 minutes per side or until crispy and golden brown. Cut each sandwich in half and serve warm with a drizzle of balsamic reduction.
More caprese-inspired recipes
Caprese tart with herbed ricotta
BLT caprese sliders on puff pastry
Christmas caprese with brown sugar balsamic