Quinoa, tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and basil bake up wonderfully in this caprese-inspired casserole. It's a perfect dinner option for the busy work week.
Caprese salads are one of our favorites, so let's get creative and turn those classic flavors into a healthy casserole. Topped with shredded mozzarella, this dish bakes up golden brown and tastes fantastic. You would never guess that it's gluten-free, vegetarian and healthy.
Quinoa caprese dinner casserole recipe
Inspired by half baked harvest
Yields about 4 servings
For the casserole
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup tomato pasta sauce
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella pearls
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the topping
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and spray a medium baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the casserole and mix well. Pour the mixture into the baking dish and top with the shredded mozzarella.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the top of the casserole is golden brown and bubbly. Allow the casserole to cool for 5 minutes. Garnish with fresh basil and serve warm.
More easy casserole recipes
15 Comfort food casseroles
Buffalo chicken tater tot casserole
Chicken rice and vegetable casserole