Comforting and delicious, these chicken and mushroom pies are filled with flavor and topped with a flaky crust. These pies are much easier to make than they look!
You couldn't ask for a more comforting (and easy to make) Sunday dinner dish than chicken and mushroom pies! These pies are creamy and flavorful and topped with a flaky, golden crust that you'll want to dig into right away. Use precooked chicken to make things easy and plain Greek yogurt to keep things a little lighter.
Chicken and mushroom pies recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/3 cup peas
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds precooked chicken, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed and cut evenly into 4 squares
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly spray 4 (8 ounce) baking ramekins with the nonstick spray and set aside.
- Add the olive oil to a skillet over medium heat. When hot, add the mushrooms, peas, shallot and garlic. Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the rosemary, salt and pepper along with the cubed chicken, and mix.
- Mix in the Greek yogurt and mustard, and stir, cooking, for about a minute or so. Remove the mixture from the heat.
- Evenly spoon the mixture into the ramekins. Top each with 1 square of the puff pastry, and lightly brush the egg over the tops.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the topping is golden and puffed.
- Remove from the oven and allow them to sit for a few minutes before serving. The contents of the ramekins will still be very hot, so be sure to let your guests know.
The perfect pie for dinner!
More Sunday dinner recipes
Sweet-n-spicy pan-glazed chicken
Skillet chili pie
Pulled chicken sandwiches