Make More Than Just Boring Belgian Waffles!
Those waffle makers aren't just for waffles, friends! Surprise your kids and picky husbands with these three unique sweet and savory recipes, all made in a waffle maker!
If you're looking for a waffle recipe, look elsewhere, because these aren't your typical breakfast goods. These sweet, savory and absolutely delicious recipes can be brunch, lunch, dinner or dessert!
Serves about 4
- 1 tube refrigerated cinnamon rolls
- Cooking spray
- 1-1/3 cups powdered sugar
- 2-1/2 tablespoons milk or heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat your waffle iron and liberally coat with cooking spray.
- Unroll your cinnamon rolls and separate. Place the rolls, one at a time, in the center of the waffle iron. Close the lid and cook about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden.
- While cinnamon rolls cook, prepare the icing by whisking the powdered sugar, heavy whipping cream (or milk) and vanilla together.
- Serve with a hefty drizzle of the glaze.
Serves about 2
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 4 slices cheese (we used pepper jack)
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the waffle iron and spray with cooking spray.
- Butter each slice of bread with about 1 tablespoon of butter. Place butter side down on the waffle iron and top with 2 slices of cheese. Top with another slice of bread (butter side up) and close the lid.
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes total, or until the bread is crispy and the cheese is melted.
Hash browns with bacon and eggs
- 3 cups refrigerated hash browns
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices bacon, cut in half (so you have 4 pieces)
- Preheat a waffle iron and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place about 1-1/2 cups of the hash browns on the iron. Close the lid and cook for about 15-20 minutes, or until the hash browns are crispy and a thick crust formed on them. Try not to open the waffle maker while they cook or else it won't form the crispy crust you want.
- Once the hash browns are done, clean out the waffle maker. Preheat again and place the bacon on top. Close the lid and cook bacon until crispy, about 5-6 minutes.
- While the bacon cooks, heat a skillet over medium heat. Add some cooking spray to the skillet and add the eggs. Cook until sunny side up, or until whites are fully cooked.
More fun waffle recipes
Ham, egg and cheese waffle sandwich
Funfetti cake waffles
Fun French toast waffles