You might not think to bake a sweet potato, but you'll want to stock up on these sweet spuds! This simple-to-prepare dish is full of flavor.
These potatoes are glorious! This Gluten-free Friday recipe for baked sweet potatoes with orange-yogurt topping is extremely easy to prepare and make a delicious, healthy side dish. Cooking these potatoes both in the microwave and in the oven ensures a speedy process. The yogurt topping has just enough tang to balance the sweetness of the potatoes. Sprinkle toasted hazelnuts over the top for a bit of added crunch.
Gluten can be found in many different foods and products, from ketchup to soy sauce to candy and seasonings. While SheKnows.com tries to ensure these recipes are gluten-free, carefully read the ingredient labels of all food and food products you use for these recipes to ensure they are also gluten-free.
Baked sweet potatoes with orange-yogurt topping recipe
- 2 sweet potatoes, cleaned and dried
- 1/4 cup gluten-free vanilla Greek-style yogurt
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon toasted hazelnuts (optional garnish)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking dish with aluminum foil and set aside.
- After drying the sweet potatoes thoroughly, use a fork to poke holes all around them. Slice off the ends of each potato.
- Place the potatoes in a shallow, microwave-safe baking dish and cook on high for about 5 minutes.
- Carefully transfer the potatoes from the microwave dish to the aluminum-lined baking dish. Cook in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- While the potatoes cook, mix together the yogurt, orange juice, and zest. Set aside.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and allow them to cool slightly. Carefully slice each potato in half, vertically.
- Place each potato on individual plates and serve topped with the orange-yogurt topping and the hazelnuts.
Sweeten up to sweet potatoes!
More Gluten-free Friday recipes
Lentil, potato and rosemary soup
Cinnamon breakfast quinoa with berries and nuts
Crustless quiche with red pepper and broccoli