Fresh ground turkey breast is blended with seasonings, marinara sauce and cheese, then baked until golden brown. This is a fun way to enjoy a twist on chicken Parmesan in bite-size form.
If you love chicken Parmesan you will love these turkey Parmesan meatballs. Rather than breading, frying or baking lots of chicken, we took lean ground turkey and stuffed all those yummy flavors into these tasty little meatballs. This is a great make-ahead recipe that also freezes well.
Easy turkey Parmesan meatballs recipe
Yields about 32 meatballs (serving sizes may vary due to size of meatballs)
- 1 pound lean ground turkey breast
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- Small handful fresh basil, finely chopped, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tablespoon dried marjoram or Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese (divided)
- 1 egg
- 1-1/4 cups marinara sauce (divided)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, reserving 1 cup marinara sauce and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Mix well. Use a small cookie scoop or a spoon to portion out the mixture and place on the baking sheet. Roll each portion into balls. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the meatballs are completely cooked.
- Place the meatballs on a serving platter and spoon the remaining marinara sauce over top. Garnish with remaining Parmesan and fresh basil, if desired.
To keep this dish even healthier, we served our meatballs over fresh zucchini noodles. You can make zucchini noodles easily by using a spiralizer purchased from a cooking store or online.
More delicious meatball recipes
Hawaiian meatballs and rice
Cheese stuffed meatballs
Vegetarian meatballs with pesto cream sauce