An Elegant Winter-Inspired Pizza
For an updated (and quicker!) version of white pizza, slather ready-made pizza dough with sweet roasted garlic, plenty of cheese and and Italian herbs.
In this earthy pizza recipe, roasted garlic adds a sweet, caramelized flavor so you won't even miss the red sauce. For those of you who can't imagine pizza without the sauce, some crushed tomatoes will give you that classic taste. Either way, serve a slice with a glass of white wine for a gourmet take on a pizza dinner.
Roasted garlic & rosemary white pizza recipe
- 1 ball fresh pizza dough or store-bought pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 head garlic roasted, mashed
- 1/4 cup crushed tomatoes (optional)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon dried Italian seasonings
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a pizza pan or large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a floured surface, roll the pizza dough to desired thickness and place on the baking sheet.
- Spread the roasted garlic over the pizza dough and drizzle the olive oil over the top. Spoon the crushed tomatoes onto the pizza (if using) and evenly spread the mozzarella and Parmesan cheese over the top and sprinkle with the dried Italian seasonings.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the pizza dough is completely cooked and the cheese has melted. Sprinkle the fresh rosemary over the top and cut into slices. Serve warm.
More delicious pizza recipes
Easy bubble up pizza
Gluten-free cauliflower pizza crust
Fall harvest vegetable pizza