Sophisticated Comfort Food
In these mini corn puddings, sweet golden corn floats in a pillowy custard for an oh-so-comforting side dish. The individual servings help give this simple recipe a fancy flair.
One way to dress up your holiday side dishes is to prepare them as individual servings. This simple corn pudding has gourmet ambitions and is so easy to make. You can even prepare them in advance and reheat just before serving to help with timing your Thanksgiving dinner prep.
Mini corn puddings
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter (plus additional for greasing ramekins)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups corn kernels (thawed if frozen)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Butter the inside of 4 (7 ounce) ramekins and set aside. Place a kettle of water on high heat and bring to a boil.
- Beat eggs in a bowl and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter and whisk in cornstarch until smooth. Add milk and whisk constantly until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Slowly add half of the hot milk mixture into the eggs, whisking vigorously. Return saucepan to medium-low heat, and whisk egg mixture back into remaining milk mixture. Stir 1 minute (do not boil), then remove from heat and add corn, salt and pepper.
- Pour the pudding into the ramekins and set in a shallow baking pan. Pour boiling water into pan so it comes halfway up sides of ramekins.
- Bake until set (like custard), about 25 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes, then serve.
More mini recipes
Mini crab cakes
Mini spinach frittatas
Mini mac and cheese bites