Give Your Sweet Potatoes A Spin!
Sweet potato lovers will go crazy over this beautiful, addicting Thanksgiving side dish!
A tray of these Hasselback sweet potatoes with mini-marshmallows and brown sugar butter would be a welcome addition to your Thanksgiving table!
Marshmallow-stuffed Hasselback sweet potatoes with brown sugar butter recipe
- 4 large sweet potatoes, scrubbed clean of any dirt
- 8 tablespoons butter, cut into slices (1 stick)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 12 swipes freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 cup mini-marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place a sweet potato on a clean, flat surface horizontally. (If potato rolls and does not want to sit straight, slice a tiny bit of potato off the bottom so it has a flat surface to sit on.)
- Using a large sharp knife, slice slits into the sweet potato about 1/8 inch apart, being sure not to cut all the way through the bottom of the potato. (Do this with each potato.)
- Place sweet potatoes slit side up, into a roasting pan with low sides and drizzle the potatoes with olive oil. Top each potato with a good pinch of kosher salt. Place pan in the preheated oven and bake for one hour.
- While sweet potatoes are baking, place your butter, brown sugar and nutmeg into a small bowl and mash all together using a fork, until you've reached a crumbly butter consistency. Set aside at room temperature.
- After the hour is up and the sweet potatoes are cooked through and crispy looking on top, place some mini-marshmallows in-between some of the slits and stuff slits with some of the brown sugar butter. (There are no rules here, simply stuff as many slits as desired with the marshmallows and brown sugar butter adding more or less depending on your preference.)
- Place pan back into the oven and cook an additional 5-10 minutes or until the marshmallows are melted looking and brown sugar butter has melted and caramelized on top. Remove from the oven, add another pinch of salt (to bring out the flavors) and serve.
More sweet potato recipes
Vegan scalloped sweet potatoes
Kevin's sweet potato recipe
Chipotle mashed sweet potatoes