Skinny creamy chicken enchiladas recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander, divided
- 3-1/2 tablespoons flour
- 2-1/2 cups chicken stock, hot
- 1 (6 ounce) container plain Greek yogurt
- 1 rotisserie chicken, meat shredded
- 8-10 whole wheat flour tortillas
- 1 cup grated low-fat mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat olive oil and butter. Add onion, garlic, garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon cumin and 1/2 teaspoon coriander. Cook until onions are fragrant and translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in flour. Cook 1 minute. Turn off heat and slowly whisk in hot chicken stock, ensuring there are no lumps. Add remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in yogurt.
- In a medium bowl, combine shredded chicken, remaining 1/4 teaspoon cumin and coriander and 1/2 cup of chicken stock mixture in a medium bowl.
- Fill tortillas evenly with chicken mixture, roll up and place in greased baking dish. (To make tortillas more pliable, dip in sauce for a few seconds to let soak before filling with chicken.)
- Cover enchiladas with remaining sauce.Top with shredded mozzarella cheese. Bake until cheese is melted and enchiladas are hot all the way through, about 20-25 minutes.
More Daily Flavor
Baked chipotle cheese fries
Supreme taco sliders
Vegan queso blanco