Did Anyone Say Dessert? Let's Dig In!
Panna cotta, a classic Italian dessert that is very easy to prepare, comes in a truly irresistible flavor of vanilla combined with cooked cherry and brandy sauce.
Cooked cream, which is how panna cotta is translated, is an easy and delicious way to end a meal. The only thing we need is time — to wait for it to set, then we are ready to dig in! Enjoy it with this cherry and brandy sauce that we know you won't be able to resist!
Vanilla panna cotta with cherry and brandy sauce recipe
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/2 ounces sugar
- 2 teaspoons agar-agar powder (equivalent to 2 tablespoons agar-agar flakes or 2 teaspoons gelatin powder)
- 1 cup cherries, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1/8 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Over medium heat, put the cream, milk and 1-1/2 ounces sugar in a saucepan.
- When it starts to boil, add the agar-agar and cook for about 3 minutes more until it is completely melted.
- Transfer to individual containers or ramekins. The panna cotta will easily slide out if the containers are made of silicone.
- Let them cool, then refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until they are set.
- While waiting for the panna cotta to set, prepare the sauce.
- Over low-medium heat, in a small saucepan, combine the cherries, water and 1 tablespoon sugar. Simmer until it becomes slightly thick.
- Add the brandy and cook for 3 minutes more.
- Serve the panna cotta with the sauce.
More cherry recipes
Vegan cherry chocolate ice cream recipe
Homemade cherry liqueur recipe
Drunken skillet cherry pie recipe