A Unique Twist On A Holiday Favorite
Enjoy sweet cream, tangy cranberries and rich cream cheese, all swirled together into an amazing ice cream recipe. A perfect dessert for your next holiday party.
Imagine a big slice of decadent cheesecake topped with fresh cranberry sauce. Now imagine those same holiday flavors combined into one satisfying bite of ice cream.
Cranberry cream cheese ice cream recipe
Yields 1-1/2 quarts
- 12 ounces fresh or frozen cranberries (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup sugar (or dehydrated cane juice)
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half
- 3/4 cup sugar (or dehydrated cane juice)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- Put cranberries and 1/2 cup sugar in a medium saucepan. Heat on high and begin stirring as cranberries release their juices. Once berries are softened, mash well with the spoon. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate.
- Heat the half-and-half on medium high in a large heavy sauce pan until it reaches 175 degrees F. Remove from heat and stir in the 3/4 cup of sugar.
- In a medium bowl, gently beat the two eggs. Slowly add about 1 cup of the hot half-and-half to the eggs, whisking briskly. Pour it all back into the pot, whisking as your pour.
- Heat again on medium high, until it's back to 175 degrees. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and whipping cream. Pour into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Once you are ready to freeze the ice cream, beat the cream cheese in a large bowl with about 1/4 cup of the cream base until well blended. Repeat twice, adding 1/4 cup of base at a time. Add the remainder of the cream base and mix well.
- Stir in the cranberry sauce.
- Freeze in ice cream maker according to manufacturer instructions. Transfer to a freezer container and freeze for about 2 hours before serving.
More holiday dessert recipes
Pumpkin toffee cheesecake
Cherry cheese pie in a glass
Thanksgiving stuffed apples