Whether you want an easy meatless meal or just a quick dinner that's on the table in 15 minutes, these veggie melts are the perfect fit and easily adapted to whatever vegetables you have on hand. Just roast and top with cheese!
Open-faced roasted veggie melts recipe
- 1 small loaf bread, sliced
- 1 head broccoli florets
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 large portobello mushroom cap, sliced
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to hi-broil.
- Toss vegetables with olive oil, garlic powder, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Spread the vegetables onto a foil-lined baking sheet and broil for 7-10 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven, arrange the vegetables on each slice of bread, top with the cheese and return the baking sheet to the oven under the broiler for 1-2 minutes until the cheese has melted.
More roasted vegetable recipes
Roasted vegetable tacos
Romesco sauce with roasted vegetables
How to roast vegetables