Less guilt, tons of flavor
Looking for a lightened up game day snack or cocktail party bite? We've got you covered with skinny shrimp-stuffed jalapeño poppers.
You won't feel bad about indulging in this skinny appetizer, and it's a good thing because these jalapeño poppers are addictive.
Skinny shrimp-stuffed jalapeño poppers recipe
- 3 strips reduced-fat bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 6 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 ounces bay shrimp or other chopped cooked shrimp
- 2 egg whites
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 10 medium-size jalapeños, sliced lengthwise and seeded
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place a wire rack on top of a rimmed baking sheet.
- Combine bacon, green onions, cream cheese, mozzarella cheese and garlic powder in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt. Fold in shrimp.
- In a small bowl whisk egg whites until they become frothy.
- In another small bowl, combine panko and whole wheat breadcrumbs. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Fill each jalapeño with cream cheese mixture. Coat with egg white and then breadcrumbs.
- Place breaded jalapeños on the wire rack and then place in the freezer for 15 minutes. Once the poppers have chilled, drizzle with olive oil and bake for 20-25 minutes until browned and the cheese is oozing out.
More Daily Flavor
Grilled cheese roll-ups
Baked chipotle cheese fries