food for dinner
Sit down to a hearty bowl of slow cooker beef bourguignon that takes only minutes to prepare.
Throw this slow cooker meal together in the morning, and you'll come home to a delicious pot of tender beef bourguignon, full of veggies and rich red wine sauce.
Slow cooker beef bourguignon recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-1/2 pounds beef stew meat
- 2 strips bacon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 2 cups chopped parsnips
- 10 ounces mushrooms
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 bottle red wine (like merlot or pinot noir)
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1/2 bouillon cube
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1-1/2 cups frozen cipollini onions
- Cooked egg noodles (optional)
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, add olive oil and brown meat and bacon until all sides are brown.
- Transfer beef mixture to a slow cooker. Add tomato paste, carrots, parsnips, mushrooms, sliced onion. Toss together. Add wine, stock, bouillon cube and flour. Cook for 7-8 hours on low heat.
- 20 minutes before serving, add frozen cipollini onions to the slow cooker.
- Serve over egg noodles, if desired, and garnish with parsley.
More Daily Flavor
Quick chicken Marsala
Butternut squash and roasted garlic bisque
Potato leek soup