Sweet butternut squash and lots of sweet fall spices. This is a fun new twist to a classic potato dish.
Looking for an unusual side for your Thanksgiving feast? These tasty butternut squash croquettes are packed full of sweet cinnamon and are perfect alongside fresh sliced turkey.
Butternut squash croquettes recipe
Yields about 6 croquettes
- 2 cups diced cooked butternut squash
- 1 egg
- 1/4-1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch black pepper
- Olive oil
- In a food processor, add butternut squash, egg, flour, salt, cinnamon and pepper. Blend together until thick.
- If the mixture is too thin simply add a little more flour.
- Add a little olive oil to a large pan set over medium-high heat.
- Add about 2 tablespoons mixture to the hot oil. Flatten with a spatula.
- Cook till browned on one side, flip and cook till browned on the other side.
- Add cooked croquettes to a paper towel-lined plate to drain off any remaining oil.
More butternut squash recipes
Kale and butternut squash pizza recipe
Squash curry with rice recipe
Butternut squash, sage and goat cheese tostada recipe