Through the years, creamed corn has gotten somewhat of a bad name. It came from a can and was less than beautiful. Luckily we're here to give you a from-scratch recipe that will have you smiling from ear to ear. It's creamy, cheesy and full of bacon. What's not to love?
Cheesy bacon creamed corn recipe
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/3 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 4 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 6 strips crispy cooked bacon, crumbled
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a high-sided skillet, set over medium heat, add butter.
- Once the butter is melted, add shallot and red bell pepper and saute until vegetables just start to soften.
- Add in corn and saute until the corn is warmed throughout.
- Pour in heavy cream and vegetable stock and simmer until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Stir in bacon and then adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Use a combination of red and green bell peppers to create a perfect holiday side dish!
More corn recipes
Bacon and corn pancake recipe
Summertime crab and corn salad recipe
Corn salad with avocado and queso fresco recipe