Single Servings Of Dessert
Apple pie filling and a cute little pie crust topping. It's the perfect single-serving pie.
Apple pie is great but it's even better when it's in single-serving size and covered in ice cream. These little treats can be assembled and baked in just about 30 minutes. So if you're in a rush and need dessert fast, this recipe is your new best friend.
Apple pie in a jar recipe
Yields 2 single-serving pies
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1 store-bought pie crust, raw
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, add apples, dark brown sugar, cornstarch, apple pie spice and kosher salt.
- Fill 2 small (4 ounce) Mason jars or oven-safe bowls/cups/etc.
- Either cover the top of the jar with pie crust and cut a slit in the top or lattice the dough over the top of the jar.
- Add jars to a baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes until the top is light and golden browned.
- Top the warm pies with vanilla ice cream and enjoy.
More dessert in jar recipes
Mason jar pumpkin cupcake recipe
Carrot cake cupcake on the go recipe
Creamsicle cupcakes in a jar recipe