Breathe New Life Into Your Leftover Rice!
When we have leftover rice, what do we do? The best solution is to stir-fry it! By adding shrimp and vegetables and soy lime sauce, it will definitely come out a winner!
Don't throw away that leftover steamed rice! Make stir-fry rice mixed with whatever you have in the fridge. In this recipe, we are sharing a delicious way to put together simple ingredients. It will definitely come out a winner!
Stir-fry rice with shrimp, vegetables & soy lime sauce recipe
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- Olive oil
- 16 pieces shrimp, shelled & deveined
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups green peas
- 5 cups steamed white rice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Over medium heat, in a wok or large saucepan, saute the onions in olive oil.
- After about 2 minutes, add the shrimp. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the carrots and green peas. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and mix well.
- Add the soy sauce, sugar and lime juice. Cook for another 3 minutes.
- Garnish with the parsley.
- Serve warm.
More rice recipes
In a pickle: What to do with leftover rice
Chorizo rice with tomatoes recipe
Pineapple, chicken and pork adobo rice recipe