Fudge doesn't have to be fattening or full of calories. This healthier version is delicious and you won't believe the secret ingredient — black beans. That's right! They create a protein-rich base, and they give it a nice creamy texture. You're going to love this chocolate treat.
Black bean fudge recipe
Yields about 15 pieces
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1/4 cup dried unsweetened coconut flakes
- Line a 2-quart dish with plastic wrap and spray with nonstick spray, set aside.
- In a high-powered blender, add black beans, cocoa powder, coconut extract, brown sugar and salt.
- Mix on low speed to blend and combine until smooth. The mixture will be thick.
- Press into the prepared pan, sprinkle with coconut, press gently down on coconut and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before cutting.
More fudge recipes
Christmas-beer fudge recipe
Irish coffee cream fudge recipe
Potato chip and salted caramel fudge recipe