Thanksgiving is almost here, and we have the perfect stuffing for your table. This mixture of sweet and savory is the perfect balance of flavor. Plus the melted Brie adds a little unexpected, but delicious, flavor.
Sausage, apple and Brie stuffing recipe
Adapted from Life's Ambrosia
Yield 9 x 13-inch pan
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups seasoned stuffing bread cubes
- 1-2 cups chicken or turkey stock
- 5 ounces Brie, rind removed and diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, add sausage and cook till browned. Remove sausage from pan and drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in the same pan and add in apples and onion. Cook till soft, add in garlic and cook till fragrant.
- Add in bread cubes and 1 cup chicken stock. Stir to moisten bread. If it's not moist enough, simply add a little more stock.
- Stir in sausage, Brie and season with salt and pepper.
- Add to a 9 x 13-inch pan and bake for about 40 minutes until the top is toasted and the cheese is melted.
More stuffing recipes
Bacon-cornbread stuffing recipe
Cheesy spinach stuffing recipe
Organic herb stuffing recipe