Pimiento cheese is pretty delicious as it is but slather it on a slice of bread, top it with bacon crumbles and it becomes simply irresistible. We've lightened this version up by using Greek yogurt so you can eat even more.
Pimiento cheese and bacon crostini recipe
- 1 baguette, sliced
- 1 cup white cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup yellow cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimientos, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 slices bacon, cooked
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix the cheeses, pimientos, lemon juice, mayonnaise, yogurt and spices together in a bowl.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of the cheese onto each slice of bread.
- Crumble the bacon and sprinkle on top of each piece of bread.
- Bake for about 3-5 minutes until the cheese is melted and the edges of the bread are starting to brown/crisp.
- Serve warm.
More crostini recipes
Grilled crostini with olive tapenade and tomato
Springtime crostini 3 ways
Spinach artichoke crostini