A Frosty And Healthy Pear Dessert!
This frozen gingered pear frost is a healthy dessert alternative. Keep a can of pears in your freezer to make this delicious treat!
Desserts don't have to be unhealthy and fattening. Did you know that you can freeze a can of Del Monte® pears, add a few ingredients and have yourself a delicious, frosty pear dessert?
This dessert is low calorie and diabetic friendly. You can also store it in the freezer for a sweet dessert or snack anytime of the day!
Delicious gingered pear frost dessert
Adapted from Del Monte®
- 1 can (15 ounces) Del Monte Lite® pear halves
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons amaretto
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Place the unopened can of pears in the freezer and freeze until solid, for approximately 24 hours.
- Submerge the frozen can of pears in very hot tap water for 1 minute. Pour the thawed syrup into a food processor bowl. Cut the pears into chunks and place them in the food processor.
- Add amaretto, vanilla extract and ground ginger. Process them until smooth. Serve immediately or store in a freezer-safe container.
More pear desserts
Apple and pear cider cups recipe
Grilled pear bruschetta
Fresh pear smoothie