East Meets West In A Stir-Fry Combination
Turkey, apples and almonds get an eastern treatment in this stir-fry. You will love the simplicity of the flavors in this dish!
Turkey, almond & apple stir-fry recipe
- 1 pound turkey fillet, sliced to strips
- 1/3 cup flour
- Extra-virgin olive oil (or olive oil)
- 1/3 cup Marsala wine (can be replaced by other fortified wines like port, Madeira or sherry)
- 1 big apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 tablespoons almonds, shaved or crushed
- 4 fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- Fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Season the turkey slices with salt and pepper.
- Cover the turkey with the flour. Shake off the excess.
- Over medium heat, brown the turkey in a large saucepan with extra-virgin olive oil.
- When the turkey colors, add the Marsala wine. Let it evaporate for about 1 minute.
- Add the apples and saute for 3 minutes. Add a little bit of water if it's drying up.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the almonds, mint and parsley. Turn off the fire after 1 minute. Serve while hot.
More savory apple recipes
Savory apple recipes
Kale, apple & bacon salad recipe
Apple cinnamon cornbread