Easy and full of healthy ingredients, this winter pasta is a winner!
Everyone needs a few quick and easy dinner recipes in their back pocket and this pumpkin, kale and almond pasta fits the bill. Ready in 20 minutes, this is packed with healthy ingredients but creamy and decadent tasting at the same time. Your family will love this one!
Pumpkin pasta with kale and almonds recipe
- 1 pound pasta (any type will do)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 head kale, washed, stems removed and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the shallot and saute for about 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add the kale and almonds and toss to coat in the olive oil.
- Saute for about 3 minutes until just wilted, remove from heat and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add the pasta and cook according to the box directions, depending on what type of pasta you're using.
- While the pasta cooks, combine the pumpkin, milk, salt and pepper and nutmeg in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir until combined and warmed through.
- Once the pasta is done, drain and place in a large bowl but reserve the cooking water.
- Add the kale mixture to the bowl with the pasta.
- Add as much pasta water to the pumpkin mixture in the saucepan as needed to get it to a "sauce-like" consistency. We used about 1/4 cup.
- Add the pumpkin sauce to the bowl and toss everything together to coat the pasta and kale with the sauce.
- Serve the pasta immediately and garnish with some Parmesan cheese.
More pasta recipes
Roasted tomatillo pasta recipe
Sausage, cheese & sun-dried tomato pasta recipe
Pasta with Brussels sprouts