Fresh apples, gluten-free oats, maple syrup and spices are added to the slow cooker and cooked on low overnight. Wake up to a warm breakfast that literally makes itself.
Who doesn't love apple pie? Well in this super-easy breakfast, we take the flavors of apple pie and turn them into a healthy hassle-free breakfast. Adding the ingredients to the slow cooker makes this breakfast so easy. Wake up in the morning to your home smelling wonderful and a hot breakfast that's ready when you are.
Overnight slow cooker apple pie oatmeal recipe
- 1-1/2 cups gluten-free oats
- 1-1/2 cups apple cider
- 2 cups water
- 3 large sweet apples such as Fuji or honeycrisp
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon apple pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Maple syrup for topping (optional)
- Add all of the ingredients except for the maple syrup to the slow cooker. With a spoon mix well and cover with lid. Set the slow cooker on low and begin cooking the oats right before bed time (about 8 hours).
- Before serving, mix the oats well and scoop into bowls. Serve warm with a drizzle of pure maple syrup.
If you don't feel comfortable leaving the slow cooker on overnight, simply follow the steps and set your cooker to high and cook the oats for 3-4 hours.
More slow cooker recipes
Slow cooker African peanut stew
Slow cooker black bean chili with lime and cheddar
Creamy Italian style tortellini in the slow cooker