Homemade vanilla cashew butter recipe
Yields about 2 cups
- 2 cups roasted cashews
- 2 tablespoons organic coconut or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- In a food processor, add all of the ingredients and process for 1 minute. With a spatula scrape down the sides of the bowl and process the cashews again. You will need to repeat this step quite a few times until the cashews are very smooth (this takes patience).
- Once the cashew butter is done, spoon the cashew butter into a clean Mason jar and seal with a lid. Store the cashew butter in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Serve on toast, apples and sandwiches or add to smoothies.
More homemade recipes
Homemade organic coconut milk
Homemade microwave popcorn