A Delicious Gluten-Free Dessert
A gluten-free crust made of almond flour is pressed into mini tart pans and filled with a pumpkin filling. Top these treats off with melted chocolate and a dollop of whipped cream for a delicious dessert.
If you eat gluten-free, it doesn't mean you can't enjoy a lovely dessert during your holiday meal. In this recipe, we used almond flour for the crust, which is simply blanched almonds that have been finely processed to resemble flour. The filling is a mixture of pumpkin puree, vanilla and heavy cream that is baked and topped with a drizzle of melted chocolate and whipped cream. Eating gluten-free has never tasted so sweet!
Mini gluten-free pumpkin tarts recipe
Yields about 8 tarts
For the crust
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup butter or coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons raw agave, pure maple syrup or honey
- 1 organic egg
- Pinch of salt
For the filling
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup raw agave, pure maple syrup or honey (more or less depending on desired sweetness)
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 organic eggs
- 1/2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Pinch of salt
For garnish (optional)
- Melted chocolate for drizzling
- Whipped cream
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, add all of the ingredients for the crust and mix very well until a soft dough is formed. On a floured surface roll the dough out until it is about 1/4-inch thick.
- Using one of the 8 small tart pans, cut out 8 circles (one for each of the tart pans). Spray the pans with nonstick cooking spray and gently press each of the dough circles into each tart pan.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add all of the ingredients for the pumpkin filling. Mix very well and spoon the filling into each of the tart pans. Bake the tarts for 25-30 minutes or until the centers of the tarts are cooked completely. Remove from oven and allow to cool 1 hour.
- Before serving, drizzle melted chocolate over the tops of the tarts, then add a dollop of whipped cream. Garnish with a sprinkle of ground cinnamon and serve immediately.
More gluten-free dessert ideas
Gluten-free holiday desserts
Gluten-free pear crisp
Gluten-free peppermint brownie cakes