Dinner As Easy As Pie!
You'll love this flavorful, Mexican-inspired dish for Sunday dinner, and it's as easy as pie to put together. It's no-fuss and all great flavor!
This Sunday dinner recipe for chicken tortilla pie makes a tasty dish, but that's not all. It's a great way to use any leftover chicken you might have. You could also use a rotisserie chicken to make things easy. The flavors are Mexican-inspired favorites, and who doesn't want to eat pie for dinner?
Chicken tortilla pie recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2/3 cup corn kernels
- 2 ounces diced green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon dried cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pound precooked chicken, diced
- 1/3 cup salsa, plus extra for serving
- 1/4 cup sour cream, plus extra for serving
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 large flour tortillas
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 diced avocado (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly spray the bottom and inside of a 9-inch springform pan. Set aside.
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. When hot, add the onions and cook for about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute more.
- Add the black beans, corn and chilies to the skillet. Stir in the cumin, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Add the chicken to the mixture, along with the salsa and sour cream. Stir the mixture well and cook for about 3 minutes. Remove the mixture from the heat.
- If your tortillas are larger than the springform pan, use a knife to trim them to the same size as the bottom of the pan.
- Add one tortilla to the bottom of the pan, then add 1/3 of the chicken mixture over the tortilla. Sprinkle with 1/4 of the cheddar cheese. Repeat this step 2 more times.
- Top with the remaining tortilla and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until the mixture is heated through and the tortillas begin to crisp.
- Remove from the oven and let the pan sit for a few minutes. Release the pan and transfer the pie to a cutting board, removing the bottom of the pan.
- Slice the pie into wedges and serve garnished with salsa, sour cream and diced avocado.
Serve up this pie for dinner!
More Sunday dinner recipes
Pulled chicken sandwiches
Grilled sausage subs with peppers and onions
Cherry-studded chicken salad wraps