Throw some heat into those Thanksgiving mashed potatoes this year!
Mashed potatoes are getting a spicy bacon-studded kick this year. Your guests are guaranteed to be hooked on this fun twist on the traditional mashed potato side after the first bite!
Spicy bacon mashed potatoes recipe
- 3 large russet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- Place the potatoes in a pot and cover with cold water.
- Bring the potatoes to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for about 15 minutes until the potatoes are very tender.
- Drain potatoes and place in a large bowl.
- Place the butter and heavy cream into the pot and heat until the butter melts.
- Pour the mixture into the large bowl with the potatoes.
- Add the chipotle pepper, all the spices and the salt and pepper.
- Mash the potatoes with a potato masher until they reach the desired consistency.
- Add the chopped bacon to the bowl and fold into the potatoes.
More mashed potato recipes
Buttermilk, blue cheese and bacon mashed potatoes
Mashed potatoes with Parmesan cheese topping
Gourmet mashed potatoes for Thanksgiving