Let's go back to basics with this ultimate creamy mashed potato recipe.
There are lots of versions of mashed potatoes out there. Skin on, skin off, mashed, smashed, roasted garlic, fresh herbs, cheese... the list can go on forever. We're going back to basics today with these easy, super-creamy ultimate mashed potatoes. There's only one way to do ultimate creaminess right: butter and heavy cream.
Ultimate creamy mashed potatoes recipe
- 3 large russet potatoes, peeled and chopped into big chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the potatoes in a pot and cover with cold water.
- Bring the potatoes to a boil, add the 1/2 teaspoon of salt and reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer potatoes until very tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and transfer to a food processor.
- In the same pot you boiled the potatoes in, heat the butter and heavy cream together until the butter is melted.
- Once melted, pour the mixture into the food processor with the potatoes.
- Process until smooth (about 20 seconds).
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
More mashed potato recipes
Buttermilk, blue cheese and bacon mashed potatoes
Mashed potatoes with Parmesan cheese topping
Gourmet mashed potatoes for Thanksgiving