A Delicious Jazzed Up Appetizer
A mixture of cream cheese, Gorgonzola cheese and fresh herbs are blended into this super-easy and delicious appetizer. Serve with seasonal fruits and a variety of crackers for a simple starter.
Nobody likes a boring appetizer while waiting for the main course. Here we jazzed up a basic cheese ball recipe by adding in Gorgonzola, lots of fresh earthy herbs and garlic. Before serving, the cheese ball is coated in fresh cracked pepper and more herbs. A drizzle of sweet honey really helps bring out the flavors in this easy recipe.
Peppered and fresh herb cheese ball recipe
Yields about 12 servings
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 small handful fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Extra chopped herbs for garnish (optional)
- Honey for drizzling (optional)
- Assorted fruits and crackers
- In a bowl combine the cream cheese, Gorgonzola cheese, herbs, garlic and lemon juice. With a hand mixer, beat the mixture until it’s creamy and the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Spoon the mixture onto a large sheet of plastic wrap. Form into a ball or log shape and tightly wrap the cheese mixture in the plastic wrap. Chill for several hours or, for best flavor, overnight.
- Before serving, remove the cheese from the plastic wrap and sprinkle the cheese ball with freshly cracked pepper then roll in extra fresh herbs. Place on a serving platter with fruits, crackers and drizzle with honey if desired.
More easy appetizer ideas
Best holiday appetizer and wine pairings
10 simple make-ahead appetizers
Hot artichoke crab dip