Feeling sluggish and full from yesterday's eating extravanganza? This kale salad, packed with carrots, radishes, cabbage and tart lemon dressing, will help you detox down off your turkey and stuffing high.
Detox kale salad recipe
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1/2 cup radishes, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups sliced red cabbage
- 2 cups thinly sliced kale leaves (stems removed)
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- Combine all the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, honey and ginger in a small bowl and pour over the salad.
- Toss to combine and let sit for about 5 minutes before serving.
More kale recipes
Raw kale and grapefruit salad recipe
Kale, apple and bacon salad
Kale Caesar salad