A tray of these spooky hard-boiled egg eyes makes a fun and freaky appetizer for a Halloween party! Serve with whole grain toast points on the side!
We used green pimento-style olives, caviar, capers, green onions and Tabasco to make our eyes spooky, but the options are limitless! Jalapeño slices, smoked salmon, creme fraiche and peppers are just a few of many other ingredients that come to mind!
Spooky hard-boiled egg eyes
Makes 16 eyes, or 8 pairs of spooky eyeballs
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, cut in slices with an egg slicer
- Green olives stuffed with pimento, cut into thin slices
- Small jar caviar (optional)
- Green onion, chopped
- Tabasco sauce
- Toast points
- Carefully arrange hard-boiled egg slices on a flat serving dish.
- Using the olives slices, caviar, green onion and capers, assemble eyeballs.
- Drizzle the entire plate with Tabasco sauce. Serve with a flat spoon or cheese knife (an additional spoon covered in Tabasco also adds a nice touch). Serve with toast points.
More Halloween recipes