How to make Jell-O worms
Image: Claire Gallam/Sheknows
Squiggly worms perfect for Halloween
Want to freak out your friends and family? Stick a bowl of these oogly, googly Jell-O worms under their hands! These creepy worms are delicious and instantly add a spooky feel to any meal!
These worms are super-easy to make and even more fun to stage! To spook trick-or-treaters, stick a bowl of these out when they ring the doorbell for candy!
Jell-o worms recipe
Yields about 100 worms
- 1 (6 ounce) box raspberry Jell-O
- 1 package unflavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 cups boiling water
- 15 drops food coloring (we used red)
- 100 flexible, bendy straws
- Mix the gelatin, Jell-O and add boiling water. Let it cool to lukewarm and then add the whipping cream and 15 drops red food coloring.
- Gather your straws together and place them back into the straw package (or into a 1 quart milk container). Pour the gelatin mixture over the straws and chill for about 2 hours, or until firm.
- To remove, simply hold the straws under warm water until they come loose (they should slip right out).
More spooky Halloween treats
Gluten-free chocolate whoopie pies with chocolate frosting
Ghoulish monster eyeball soup