Savor the season with this spicy, pumpkin-shaped, sweet potato appetizer. They're perfect for any fall gathering but would be especially festive for Thanksgiving. If you'd like, make them meatier by adding a little tuna or crab. Either way, they'll add a pop of color and flavor to your autumn menu.
Makes about 30
1. Gather ingredients. Peel the sweet potatoes. Wrap them separately in plastic food wrap and microwave each of them for 5 minutes. Remove plastic wrap and cut into cubes.
2. Put sweet potatoes, bacon, almonds, cream cheese, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, chipotle chili pepper, salt, paprika and black pepper in a food processor. Puree until smooth.
3. If desired, stir in tuna or crabmeat, breadcrumbs and egg. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Crush Cheez-It Chipotle Pepper Zingz crackers and put in a bowl. Roll sweet potato mixture into 2-inch balls and coat with crushed cracker crumbs.
5. Insert the top of a pretzel stick into each sweet potato ball and push down slightly to form a pumpkin shape. Place on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes.
6. Add herb leaves next to each pretzel stem.
7. Serve warm and enjoy a spicy bite.
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!