Nachos are such a quick-and-easy dinner option. We made things a little more nutritious by using sweet potatoes as the base for these. The topping choices are endless, but you can't go wrong with some classic ground beef, tomatoes and cheese!
Loaded sweet potato chip nachos recipe
Makes 2 (dinner) servings
- 1 large sweet potato, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 jalapeños, sliced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Spread the potato rounds out on the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Drizzle the olive oil on top and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flipping the over halfway through.
- While potatoes bake, cook the ground beef in a skillet, set aside.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, overlap them in a circular pattern on the baking sheet.
- Add the cooked ground beef on top of the potatoes, then the tomato, add the cheese next and finally the jalapeños.
- Turn the oven to Hi-Broil and place the nachos back in for another 2-3 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with the green onions and any other toppings you like.
More nacho recipes
Super loaded barbecue nachos
Tater tot nachos
Barbecue pork nachos