A Simple Dip
For Your Chips!
Who doesn't love dipping a chip into a bowl of hot, creamy cheese surrounded by juicy tomatoes and chilies?
Wow your guests the next time you entertain with this simple chili con queso recipe using a can of RO*TEL. Stay out of the kitchen and mingle with your guests — this appetizer comes together in minutes!
Chili con queso recipe
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 16 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 (10 ounce) can RO*TEL Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and sauté until lightly browned.
- Add the cubed cheese. Stir constantly until cheese is melted.
- Add RO*TEL (including juices) and stir well to combine. Heat thoroughly and top with fresh cilantro.
More queso recipes
Creamy white queso dip recipe
Roasted poblano and chorizo queso fundido recipe
Quick vegan queso