For a Sunday dinner, pasta always hits the mark. Your family will enjoy this dish that includes shrimp and colorful veggies in a light cream sauce.
This week for your Sunday dinner, give this recipe for creamy shrimp pasta primavera a try. It's just creamy enough — nothing too heavy to weigh you down — and the vegetables and shrimp add vibrant color and substance.
Fresh veggies make this dish even more special, but frozen vegetables work well, too. You could also mix it up and use a little of each! This is a delicious dish your family will enjoy.
Creamy shrimp pasta primavera recipe
- 8 ounces of your favorite pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds and membrane removed, then diced
- 1/2 cup cut green beans
- 1/3 cup corn kernels
- 1/4 cup julienned carrot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 pound frozen precooked jumbo shrimp, thawed and tails removed
- 2 diced tomatoes, seeds removed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 4-5 basil leaves, cut into ribbons
- Cook your pasta according to the package directions. Drain it and reserve about 1/4 cup of the water you used to cook the pasta. Set aside.
- Add the butter to a large saute pan over medium heat. When hot, add the garlic, red pepper, green beans, corn, carrot and salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, for several minutes until the vegetables begin to soften.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and the broth. Add the mixture to the vegetables a little at a time, and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring.
- Add the half-and-half to the pan and stir. Bring the mixture to a low boil and add half the cheese, the shrimp and the tomatoes.
- Cook the mixture for about 3 minutes, or until the shrimp are no longer pink.
- Add the pasta to the mixture and stir to coat. If your mixture seems thick, add a bit of the reserved pasta water, a little at a time, until you reach your desired consistency.
- Add the remaining cheese and the basil ribbons, and toss to mix.
- Remove from the heat and serve warm on individual plates.
Serve up this pretty pasta dish!
More Sunday dinner recipes
Texas toast grilled chicken sandwiches
Grilled fish tacos with creamy lime dressing
Skillet chicken fajitas