Need an easy chicken dinner that won't bore the family? The stuffing possibilities are endless, but we chose a simple spinach and cheddar combination for these quick roll-ups.
Quick chicken roll-ups
- 1 pound chicken breasts, butterflied
- Salt and pepper, for seasoning
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese, sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Layer the spinach leaves on one side of each butterflied breast then top with the cheddar cheese.
- Fold the other side of the chicken back over and secure with a toothpick.
- Heat the olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once hot, add the chicken breasts and brown on each side for 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer to the oven and cook for about 8-10 minutes until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink.
- Let rest for 1-2 minutes before slicing.
More easy chicken recipes
Easy chicken cordon bleu