Way To Enjoy Chicken
Juicy chicken is coated in a gluten-free, flourless coating and baked up golden brown. We also give you several other ways to enjoy this delicious chicken recipe.
This coconut chicken is not only healthy, it's gluten-free and suitable for those following a Paleo lifestyle. Skipping the deep-fryer and baking it instead saves lots of unneeded calories and makes it a much healthier option when watching what you are eating.
Bite-size gluten-free coconut chicken recipe
Yields about 6 servings
- 1 pound chicken breast, sliced into strips or cut into chunks
- 1 cup almond flour or almond meal
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, add the almond flour, coconut and the spices. Pulse until the coconut is blended well and there are no lumps.
- On a large shallow plate, add the almond flour and coconut mixture. In a bowl, add the eggs and beat lightly.
- In batches, begin dipping the chicken into the egg mixture and then into the almond flour mixture. Place the breaded chicken on the baking sheet and repeat until all of the chicken is breaded.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is golden brown and the center is no longer pink.
Ideas for using this recipe
- Make a coconut chicken sandwich wrap. Simply dice the chicken and place it in a tortilla along with your favorite sandwich toppings and roll up.
- Serve over top a big green salad.
- Serve in place of fried chicken fingers along with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Dice into chunks and serve to your kids as chicken nuggets.
- Serve with a variety of dips and use this dish as an appetizer for a party.
More gluten-free recipes
Gluten-free lemon tart
Gluten-free barbecue recipes
Gluten-free oatmeal energy bars