Open-faced sandwich melts are the perfect meal when you only have minutes to spare. This version combines tart apples, sharp cheddar and shredded chicken for a great fall bite!
Apple chicken cheddar melts
- 6 slices crusty French bread
- 1 cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, sliced
- 1/2 apple, sliced
- Divide and lay the apple slices evenly on top of the slices of bread.
- Next layer the shredded chicken on top.
- Lastly, arrange the cheese slices on top of the chicken.
- Toast in an oven or toaster oven at 400 degrees F for 3-5 minutes until cheese is melted and bread is toasted.
More quick meal ideas
Apple and cheddar quesadillas with honey mustard spread
Sriracha chicken salad croissant sandwiches
BLT stuffed pitas with whipped feta