Dropping temps call for warm and hearty chili. This Meatless Monday chili is easy to put together and includes a few surprise ingredients.
For a simple, yet hearty and delicious Meatless Monday meal, try this recipe for easy bean and veggie chili. We've added edamame and Sriracha to the mix for added substance and flavor. If you'd like, you could even add quick-cooking long grain and wild rice to thicken things up a bit. This dish is great for making a Monday meal easy!
Easy bean and veggie chili recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 large garlic clove, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 cup frozen edamame
- 1 green zucchini, peeled, sliced into 3/4-inch rounds, then cut into quarters
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce (more or less to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup 10-minute cooking long grain and wild rice (optional)
- In a large Dutch oven or stockpot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for a few minutes until they begin to turn golden. Add the garlic, salt and black pepper and cook for about a minute.
- Add the can of diced tomatoes, then fill the empty can with water and add it to the pot. Add the black beans, edamame, zucchini, carrot and corn. Cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Add the Sriracha and ground cumin to the mixture. If you're using the long grain and wild rice, add it to the mixture now.
- Allow the mixture to simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the chili thickens and the veggies are tender.
- Serve hot in individual bowls.
Chill out with this easy, tasty chili!
More Meatless Monday recipes
Zucchini "pasta" with garlic, basil and lemon
Black lentil, sweet pepper, havarti and avocado quesadillas
Zesty tofu tacos