Asian-style chicken nuggets with lemon glaze recipe
Adapted from Cooking in Sens
For the chicken nuggets
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seed oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup peanut oil
For the lemon glaze
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a large bowl, whisk together the rice vinegar, soy sauce, mirin, sesame seed oil, garlic, ginger and green onions.
- In a gallon-size zip-closed bag, combine the marinade and the chicken. Refrigerate and marinate at least 2 hours, turning the bag occasionally.
- To make the glaze, combine the rice vinegar, sugar, lemon zest and juice, cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water over medium-low heat.
- Bring to a boil, simmering until thickened, about 1-2 minutes. Reserve.
- Drain the chicken from the marinade, discarding the marinade.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken and the flour.
- In a cast iron skillet, heat peanut oil to 350 degrees F. Add the chicken and fry until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve the chicken nuggets tossed or drizzled with the lemon glaze.
More Daily Flavor
Korean fried chicken wings
Asian pasta salad