Pancakes don't have to be sweet all the time nor should they only be a breakfast food. This savory version with sweet corn and cheddar cheese is perfect for switching up a weekend breakfast or even as a quick weeknight dinner.
Sweet corn & cheddar pancakes recipe
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated black pepper
- 1 cup canned sweet corn, drained and divided
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- In a medium bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- Using an immersion blender or a regular blender, blend the milk with 1/2 cup of the corn.
- Transfer the corn milk mixture to a small bowl.
- Add the egg and melted butter and whisk to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix together.
- Fold in the remaining 1/2 cup of corn and the cheddar cheese.
- Pour the batter onto a preheated greased griddle and cook for about 2 minutes per side.
More pancake recipes
Carrot cake pancakes
Bacon and corn pancakes