These crab beignets are a fun appetizer to serve at your next gathering!
These crab beignets are a real crowd pleaser! Serve alongside your favorite dipping sauce and don't forget the hot sauce for those who like to spice things up!
Cajun crab beignet recipe
Yields about 12 beignets
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 cup clam juice (stock can be substituted)
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning or Old Bay
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons parsley, chopped
- Canola or vegetable oil for frying (about 2 cups)
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, cornmeal and baking powder.
- In a measuring cup add the 1/4 cup of clam juice. Add milk to the clam juice until the liquid reaches 2/3 cup. Add the clam juice/milk mixture to the beaten egg.
- Pour the wet mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Add crabmeat, scallion and parsley and fold everything together well, until you have reached a sticky batter-like consistency.
- In a heavy pot or fryer, heat oil over medium-high heat until it reaches 350 degrees F. Very carefully drop spoonful-size batter clumps into hot oil in batches (about 3 or 4 at a time) and fry until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Drain fritters on paper towels and salt if needed.
- Serve fritters hot with lemon slices, hot sauce and a favorite dipping sauce.
More crab recipes
Crab and cream cheese crescent rolls recipe
Healthy baked crab rangoon