Rich cookies with the wonderful flavor combo of lemon and lavender are divine any time of year. You won't be disappointed in a classic shortbread cookie!
Shortbread cookies are crumbly and rich, and perfect for a Gluten-free Goodie of the Week indulgence! Lemon-lavender shortbread cookies with lemon glaze are perfect paired with a cup of hot tea or as an after-dinner treat. The glaze is an added touch of sweetness.
Gluten can be found in many different foods and products, from ketchup to soy sauce to candy and seasonings. While SheKnows.com tries to ensure these recipes are gluten-free, carefully read the ingredient labels of all food and food products you use for these recipes to ensure they are also gluten-free.
Lemon-lavender shortbread cookies with lemon glaze recipe
Yields 16 cookies
- 2/3 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Zest from 1/2 large lemon
- 2 teaspoons dried lavender
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup gluten-free confectioners' sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk to combine the flours, cornstarch and salt.
- In a separate bowl, add the softened butter and sugars. Beat with a mixer until combined. Stir in the lemon zest.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and stir until combined. Add the lavender to the dough and mix it in.
- Divide the dough in half (it will be a little soft), and place one portion on each of the parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Use your hands to gently shape the dough into a disk that's about 3/4-inch thick. Use a pizza cutter or sharp knife to cut each disk into 8 triangles, but don't separate the slices.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes, or until the edges begin to turn golden.
- While the cookies cool, make your glaze by combining the confectioners' sugar with the lemon juice. Whisk it until it's smooth, adding more confectioners' sugar as needed to give it a consistency suitable for drizzling.
- When you remove the cookies, let them sit for a few minutes, then use the pizza cutter or knife to carefully cut the score marks, through the cookie.
- Cool completely on a wire rack. Once cool, drizzle on the glaze.
- Allow the glaze to set before slightly before serving.
Enjoy these classic treats!
More Gluten-free Goodie of the Week recipes
Minty melon pops
Peanutty caramel corn