Pork and asparagus with hoisin sauce recipe
Adapted from Taste and Tell
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed of fat and silverskin, cubed
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (optional)
- Green onions, thinly sliced (for garnish)
- Toasted sesame seeds (for garnish)
- Brown rice, for serving
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, heat sesame oil. Add pork and asparagus and cook until the pork has browned and the asparagus is tender-crisp, about 4-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Transfer to a plate.
- Add garlic to the skillet and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in hoisin sauce and mirin and cook until sauce has reduced slightly, about 3 minutes. Add pork and asparagus to sauce and gently toss to combine. Stir in sambal oelek, if desired.
- Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds. Serve with brown rice.
More Daily Flavor
Korean fried chicken wings
Asian pasta salad