Stuffed Cabbage Never Tasted So Good!
Vegetable rolls are enjoyable treats on the table. A surprise awaits you as you slice and get a peek at what's inside. With these cabbage rolls, we went for a little dash of ginger and soy sauce to spice up the filling.
There are a lot of ways to prepare cabbage rolls. With our recipe, we added an Asian touch with soy sauce and ginger. Ginger is widely used in Asian cuisine both for its peculiar taste and for its healthy and medicinal qualities. Here is a way to start using ginger in our cooking.
Cabbage rolls with meat and vegetables recipe
Yields 16 rolls
- 1 small head of cabbage (16 leaves)
- 7 ounces ground pork
- 7 ounces ground beef
- 1 carrot, minced
- 1 zucchini, minced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 16 long chives (optional)
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce, for serving
- Blanch the cabbage leaves for about 4 minutes in boiling salted water. Drop them in a bowl of water with ice after straining them from the boiling water. Pat them dry with paper towels.
- In a bowl, mix the pork, beef, carrot, onion, zucchini, ginger, egg, salt, pepper, 1/8 cup soy sauce and 1 teaspoon lemon juice. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining 1/8 cup soy sauce and 1 teaspoon lemon juice. Sprinkle some pepper. Set aside.
- Get about 1-1/2 tablespoons of meat and put it on a cabbage leaf. Roll, then fold both sides inward and continue rolling until the end. Secure it by trying a chive or you can leave it as is if they don't open.
- Quickly oil a baking dish. Put the cabbage rolls in it. When the baking dish is filled up with the cabbage rolls, drizzle them with extra-virgin olive oil.
- Bake in a preheated oven of 395 degrees F for 30 minutes. Midway through cooking, take out the baking dish and quickly pour the mixture of soy sauce and lemon on top of the cabbage rolls.
More cabbage recipes
Tomato cabbage soup recipe
Vegetable-stuffed cabbage rolls recipe