Enjoy The Ultimate Fresh Salad!
This "pasta" salad is a little different from the rest, and it's definitely full of fresh flavors. You won't actually find standard pasta in this dish, but you’ll love it just the same!
Summer really just ended, so enjoy what's left of the fresh veggies, like zucchini, to make this Meatless Monday recipe for zucchini "pasta" salad with garlic, basil and lemon. The "pasta" in this dish is actually thin ribbons of zucchini. You'll enjoy them raw with just a simple dressing. The flavors are fresh and vibrant, and this dish won't weigh you down.
Zucchini "pasta" salad with garlic, basil and lemon recipe
- 3 green zucchini, ends cut off, peeled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice and zest from 1 large lemon
- 4 basil leaves, cut into ribbons
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Use a vegetable peeler to peel long, vertical, thin strips of the zucchini. Stop peeling when you reach the seeds in the middle. Add the strips to a large bowl and set it aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. When it's hot, add the garlic and cook for just a minute. Remove the skillet from the heat.
- Pour the olive oil and garlic over the zucchini, along with the lemon juice and zest.
- Add the salt and ground black pepper and gently toss. Add the basil ribbons and toss again.
- Serve on individual plates.
We all love pasta, but this version is a nice alternative!
More Meatless Monday recipes
Black lentil, sweet pepper, havarti and avocado quesadillas
Grilled fruit with sweet yogurt sauce
Roasted potato wedges with vegan rosemary aioli